Table of Contents
Article I - Name
Article II - Objective
Article III - Governments
Article IV - Meetings
Article V - Committees
Article VI - Player Membership
Article VII - Financial Policy
Article VIII - Amendments
Article I - Name •
This organization will be known as the Big Flats Little League.
Article II - Objective •
The vision of the Big Flats Little League is:
- To provide a recreational and athletic environment focusing on Fun and Skill
- To be player-centered at all times.
- To provide opportunities for all to have individual learning and skill development.
- To maintain a coaching staff who are competent, principled, and focused on player development.
- To subscribe to the rules and ideals set forth by Little League Baseball, Inc..
In order to reach this vision,
- Big Flats Little League will strive to provide continuous improvement for its coaching staff through annual training.
- All teams will draft every year so that balance is achieved within each division.
- Tee Ball teams will be established at the discretion of the Board.
Article III - Governments •
- Big Flats Little League will be governed by a Board of Directors. This Board shall consist of at least ten members. The Board will be elected at the first meeting in October. The Board positions will consist of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Player Agent, and League, Safety, Information, Concessions, Sponsers Directors. Additional Board members may include, but are not limited to, Director of Fields, Maintenance, Equipment, Uniforms, Umpires, or as required by the Little League Baseball, Inc..
- At the end of the season each year, the President will appoint a nomination committee to prepare a slate of candidates for the Board positions noted above in Article III. A. Candidate names will be gathered from the general membership throughout the year. The nomination committee will meet prior to the first meeting to compile names and ascertain the commitment of the nominees.
- All matters concerning the policies of the Big Flats Little League will be decided by a vote of the Board of Directors, and no motion will be carried without a favorable vote from the majority of those present at a duly constituted meeting.
Article IV - Meetings •
- The Board of Directors will hold their first meeting in October to vote on the nominations as presented by the nominating committee and decide other issues that are on the agenda for the first meeting. Thereafter, as a guideline, meetings of the Board of Directors will generally be held monthly. The President may call additional meetings.
- Notice of all meetings will be given at least two days in advance to all members of the Board unless a waiver of such notice is received by greater than 50% board members.
- 50% members of the Board of Directors will constitute a quorum at any meeting and a majority vote of those present will govern, except when otherwise especially provided.
- Robert's Rules of Order will govern the proceedings of the meetings, except where it conflicts with the Constitution or by-laws of the league.
Article V - Committees •
- The President will appoint committees, as he/she deems necessary.
Article VI - Player Membership •
- Any child meeting the requirements as to age, residence, and registration requirements as set forth in the rules of Little League Baseball, Inc. will be eligible to compete for participation in the Big Flats Little League, so long as they register prior to the draft. The Board of Directors may choose to allow additional players, after the draft, at its discretion, but only upon a majority vote of the Board.
- Members of the Board of Directors shall, upon evidence of league-related misconduct of any child, notify the Manager of the team of which the child is a member in a timely manner. Said manager will appear, in the capacity of an advisor, with the child's parents or guardian, before the Board of Directors. The Board will have full power to suspend or revoke such child's right to future participation by a two-thirds vote.
Article VII - Financial Policy •
- The Board of Directors will decide all matters pertaining to the finances of the league and all income will be placed in a common treasury. The Board will direct the expenditures of funds in such manner as will give no individual or team an advantage over the other as to equipment, etc..
- The Board of Directors will not permit the contribution of funds to individuals or teams and will solicit same for the common treasury of the league. This regulation is designed to discourage favoritism among teams and to endeavor to equalize the benefits of the league.
- In the case of a needy player, the policy of the Big Flats Little League is that all children who are eligible to play in our area should be allowed to play regardless of family finances. The President is given the responsibility to determine need and award scholarships on a case-by-case basis.
Article VIII - Amendments •
- This Constitution of the Big Flats Little League, or any appendix attached hereto, may be amended or repealed by a two-thirds vote of the Board of Directors present at any duly constituted meeting, provided that written notice of such proposed changes, via conventional or electronic means, will be presented to each member of the Board of Directors prior to the meeting at which such proposed change will be submitted to a vote.
- Review of the Constitution should be conducted annually. Any changes should be submitted to the Board to be approved prior to the first scheduled game of the season.